Launched in 2012, press and public alike have enthusiastically embraced AudioQuest’s multi-award-winning DragonFly USB digital-to-analog converter/preamp/headphone amp as the rare audio product that bridges the gap between die-hard audiophiles and mainstream music lovers.
DragonFly plugs into a computer’s USB port to bypass the computer’s compromised audio circuitry and deliver cleaner, clearer, more naturally beautiful sound to headphones, powered speakers, and complete audio systems.
While the original DragonFly defined the market for micro-DACs, its USB power draw made it compatible with computers only. Music lovers have craved a more portable version—one that could be reliably used with Apple and Android smartphones and tablets.
Audioquest are delighted to present two new options that do just that: DragonFly Black and DragonFly Red.
Convenience and performance are no longer mutually exclusive. With DragonFly Black and Red, any computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone can be used as a true high-fidelity music player, allowing music lovers to enjoy beautiful sound wherever they go, whenever they please.
• USB Stick-Sized Digital-to-Analog Converter
• Plays all music files: MP3 to high-res
• Compatible with Apple and Windows PCs, as well as iOS and Android mobile devices (requires Apple Camera Adapter or Made for Android/OTG adaptor)
• Drives headphones directly
• Fixed output feeds preamp or AV receiver
• Asynchronous transfer ensures digital timing integrity
• High output (2.1 volts) drives almost all headphones, including power-hungry models
• 32-bit ESS 9016 DAC with minimum-phase filter
• Bit-perfect digital volume control
DragonTail is a USB extender for use when a USB device (such as AQ’s DragonFly or a Flash Drive) is too large to fit
next to other occupied computer ports. DragonTail’s flexibility also makes it safer to use USB devices on airplanes and in other mobile environments.