The CD Box RS is a superlative top-loading CD transport that perfectly complements the existing Reference Series electronics. Where others are turning their back on CD, Pro-Ject have decided to develop a specialist product for audiophiles who still want to listen to their existing music in true quality.
Built around the premium Blue Tiger CD-100 servo system, which is desiigned to handle 24-bit/192kHz FLAC playback, this elegant device uses a stylish and functional top-loading "gravity" design and a convenient magnetic clamp. Additional weight at the bottom of the casing draws unwanted vibrations away from the playing surface, while the advanced suspension system allows for a playing disc to spin true.
Connection to external sources is achieved either by S/PDIF coax, optical or AES/EBU. Alternitavely, for perfect matching with the DAC Box RS or Pre Box RS Digital, an innovative RJ45 / Mater Clock Connection is also available.
• Toploading CD drive with aluminium cover plate
• CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and Hybrid SACD playback
• “Blue Tiger” CD-100 Servo system
• Magnetic clamp
• Plays formats: .wav, .flac (up to 24/96), .wma, .mp3
• Sonic Scrambling technology via I²S interface
• I²S interface with RJ45 connection and BNC clock input for ultra low jitter
• Full colour LCD screen displays time, tracks, text (if available)
• Gravity design with central mass point
N / A
1 x Clock
N / A
1 x Coax, 1 x Optical, 1 x AES, 1 x Sonic
CD, CD-R, CD-RW, Hybrid SACD
600mA / 90mA (Playing / Stop)
Dimensions (W x H x D):
206 x 72 x 240mm (With Sockets)