The Pre Box RS Digital combines all the features of the DAC Box RS with selectable solid-state or tube output stages.
As in all of Pro-Ject’s top-class digital products, they use PCM1792 DAC chips from Texas Instruments, but a new feature in the Pre Box RS Digital is its dual chip mode to achieve ultimate fidelity. As a selectable feature a second DAC chip from Texas Instruments is on board, that can handle up to 32bit/384kHz.
Included on the Pre Box Digital RS is a headphone output with selectable impedances for perfect matching with your headphones.
The Pre Box Digital RS offers 3-dimensional sound-staging, perfect micro dynamics and ultimate resolution combined with flexibility to use a wide range of digital and 1 analogue sound sources.
Combined with the Pro-Ject CD Box RS the Pre Box RS Digital will give outstanding sound experience, because of a I²S connection provided via RJ45 that offers jitter-free disc playback.
• Switchable DAC chips: 2x PCM1792 or PCM5102
• 9 digital inputs: i²S, AES/EBU, Toslink, S/PDIF coax
• Analogue: Pre-out XLR/RCA/headphone, RCA input
• Headphone amp with adaptable output impedance
• Fully balanced double mono design
• Output stage switchable between 6922 tube & solid state
• Ultra-linear and ultra low noise
• Pure Class A circuitry
• Blue Alps volume control
• Standby-power consumption
• IR remote control included
1 x RCA (Pair)
1 x AES, 2 x Coax, 4 x Optical, 1 x Sonic
1 x RCA (Pair)
1 x XLR (Pair), 1 x Clock
20Hz - 50kHz (0dB / 0.1dB)
2 x PCM 1792 24-bit / 192kHz (DAC 1)
PCM 5102 32-bit / 384 kHz (DAC 2)
Dimensions (W x H x D):
206 x 72 x 230m (With Sockets)