A very useful and popular accessory for many Pro-Ject turntables that do not offer a built-in electronic speed changer, the Speed Box S essentially acts as an AC generator for your turntable motor. The use of high-quality materials in the quartz-controlled oscillator and filter circuits means the motor can perform more efficiently and with less resonance than when using the normal power supply, and the Speed Box S does all this while also giving you the convenience of changing speeds at the push of a button.
Connection is simple, as the Speed Box S is supplied with a link cable that plugs into your turntable instead of the normal power supply.
The Speed Box S is compatible with many Pro-Ject turntables (see below), and some also offer the possibility to play 78 rpm records with the addition of a special accessory pulley!
• Sound improvement through motor running smoothness
• Clean power decoupled from mains interference
• Allows electronic speed change 33 & 45 rpm
• 78 rpm possible with optional accessory pulley
• Suitable for all turntables with 16 volt AC motor, up to 3 watt max. power consumption
• Metal case shields electronics from vibration and electromagnetic interference
• Small size allows installation close to record player
• Outboard power supply included
• Available in silver or black finish